"Wine a little _ you'll feel better"



I love wine and talking. So this blog is dedicated to sharing any wine favorites, experiences or stories. It is also a place to share my thoughts for the day as I sip my wine. I hope that everyone will join in the fun of this blog!!



(Make sure to click the "follow" button on the right hand side so that you stay in the know !!)






Tuesday, October 12, 2010

See No Evil, Hear No evil, Pinot Evil....!!!

This wine has been a favorite of mine for a while now and yes it does come in a box or a bottle.  It is a Pinot Noir and I absolutely love it.  The box reads "dating back to the 8th century, this three wise monkey proverb was introduced to Japan by a Chinese Buddhist monk. Long believed by many winemakers to be the most challenging grape to grow and craft into wine, Pinot Noir often seems possessed... if not downright evil.  We prefer to view Pinot noir as a guilty pleasure.  And with this philosophy in mind, Pinot Evil dances with a lovely ripe cherry nose that cascades into a smooth, velvet finish.  Enjoy with roasted duck, rosemary-garlic pork or with friends when you just want to monkey around."   And I agree with every word of that and love the three monkeys on the front of the box/bottle.  If you are a snob about the box thing then get it in the bottle, but you get more bang for the buck by going with the box.  There are only a few places in my town that I know carry it, Sam's (liquor store not Sam's club), Green's and Food Lion.  I think that tomorrow we will get into the whole box vs bottle thing.

3 comments:

  1. *sits up in chair all intrigued* My next box of wine, which I will be shopping for this week, will be Pinot Evil!!!! I am really starting to see the value in your wine blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, the other day while shopping about in Sam's Club, a box of wine catches my eye as it is a small square box designed to look like a barrell, thus the name "Barrel Box!" "Congratulations - you really know your wine! Barrel box is a smart, savvy and absolutely delicious choice." This is a classic Cabernet Sauvignon from California. Nothing to get excited about, but I really like the wine and it is a good value at around $14 for 3L. This wine is enjoyable for daily drinking, you know, when you want something that will pair well with the frozen pizza you just tossed in the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane.....both mom and I have bought and tried that very wine from Sam's club and we both liked it very much......!!! Thanks for reminding of that....!!

    ReplyDelete