"Wine a little _ you'll feel better"



I love wine and talking. So this blog is dedicated to sharing any wine favorites, experiences or stories. It is also a place to share my thoughts for the day as I sip my wine. I hope that everyone will join in the fun of this blog!!



(Make sure to click the "follow" button on the right hand side so that you stay in the know !!)






Monday, October 11, 2010

First new bottle....

Hello everyone......here we go.....Today I went to the World Market and browsed around their wine selection to find something that I have never tasted.  I decided to get something that was not that expensive and thinking I might work my way up to the more expensive as we go.  Of course with the people I know there will probably be glimpses of very expensive and finer wines before I myself am ready to go there.  At any rate I decided on a Shiraz, which is not one of my favorite types of wine but I thought that it was very appropriate considering that I want new experiences.  Little Boomey from South Australia and it reads "This rich Shiraz has intense spice and black cherry flavors and a long, plush finish.  It's excellent with tri-rip steak, ribs, sausages, or any food fit for the barbie.  Give it a go!  You'll come back for more."  Now, surprisingly I really liked this wine, but I am afraid that some of my Shiraz loving friends would find that it falls short on the spice part, which is probably why I liked it.   This wine cost me $3.70 cents and at that price you can't afford not to try it.   If and when you go to The World Market make sure you sign up for their wine rewards program.  You get a discount and on your birthday they give you a $10 credit towards wine.  Again, I really liked this wine a lot and would say go buy a couple of bottles, but it is more like a pinot nior, which I like very much.  The label on this wine has a boom-a-rang on it which I thought was cool for the first wine of this blog, throw it out there and see what comes back.....

No comments:

Post a Comment